Do you treat your property investment as a serious business and want to maximise your returns? If so, then appointing the right property manager is vital. Your property is a valuable asset and should be tended carefully, taking into consideration your special needs and specific instructions. Poor choice can change a great investment into a troublesome asset. Don’t choose an agent with your decision based just on their fees – in today’s complex property market and legislative environment property management fees should be viewed not as a cost but as an investment! Professional and proactive property management can considerably increase the return of your investment.
- What human resources has the agency allocated to leasing properties?
- Do the agency staff members personally show prospective tenants through properties?
- How does the agency market available properties for lease?
- Request some examples of recent internet listings? (looking at the quality of advertising & images)
- How much information is obtained from applicants for properties and what information is verified?
- Which Agent leases the majority of properties and has the largest selection?
- What documented systems are in place for property management?
- What is your process for dealing with rent arrears?
- What is your process for reviewing & negotiating the rent on my property?
- What is your process for dealing with repairs and maintenance?
- What steps do you take to ensure that all contractors working on my property are properly licensed and insured?
- What steps do you take to ensure that all maintenance work is competitively priced?
- How frequently will you inspect my property?
- What is the experience level of the staff members who will be leasing and managing my property & how much ongoing training do they have?
- Do you send rent statements by email and deposit rental funds electronically?
- Which Agent has a Quality Assurance Accreditation to IS 9000?
Customer Service Checklist
- What testimonials or references do you have from satisfied clients?
- Do you provide a service guarantee?
- Does the agency have documented service standards?
- What back-up staff are there in the event my property manager is sick or on holidays?
- How frequently will you communicate with me and what form will it take?
- Does a Senior Property Manager personally check my Rent Statement prior to finalising?
Download your FREE First National Real Estate Broome Property Manager Checklist
for more information.